Wednesday, January 9, 2013

TS2, Resolutions & Tarot



I meant to actually post yesterday covering most of yesterday's events, but failed, primarily due in part to me having a new Sims 3 game.  That game series is truly my weakness.  Justin just bought the remaining expansion packs, and I couldn't wait to install them; once I did, I spent hours playing - until I felt like dozing at my computer - only to tray and save and meet with an Error 12.  Which basically means it was a memory error, that I couldn't save, and that I lost the game.  I did some research, and apparently, it's an issue that started in 2010 that was never resolved.  Instead of EA fixing that issue, they decided to put their energies into making new expansion and stuff packs, and creating a patch for Seasons that exacerbated that error.  I am highly irritated, frustrated, and aggravated over this issue.  Why spend money on a game if the creators are unwilling to actually fix necessary gaming problems?  I can't even play the game... saving is mandatory!

Ahem.  Rant over.

Today, I started my day off right.  I got up, drank some water (yay for me choosing hydrating H20 instead of caffeine!) and hopped onto the treadmill.  Our treadmill is really old, a monster in size, loud, and jerky; but it works.  The down side is that the lowest setting is, for me, a half-run, which makes starting a new workout routine on that thing a little off-putting.  I had intended to go 10 minutes.  I didn't make it past 3.  I guess I'm way more out of shape than I thought.

I don't want to change my goal plan on working out, but I may have to.  I'll wait out the 2 weeks, walk on the treadmill everyday, and see where I am then.  I'll make the necessary changes as needed.

Oh - just so you know, I've went on walks with the dog around here for 20 or 30 minutes, and came back a little out of breath, but not sweaty.  That's why I thought I could do the treadmill for nearly 10 minutes and build up to the full 10 over the span of 2 weeks.

I also did my affirmations while I was still lying in bed after waking this morning, around 6am.  Yes, I woke up at 6am... but I went to bed around 9pm.  I felt really good after sleeping that long, though now I'm starting to feel a bit sluggish.  I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I guess I should handle that.  It's 8:30 now.

I did a tarot reading for my sister a week ago using a new method and routine of tarot reading.  She wasn't with me, so I wasn't sure if it would be accurate or not.  The whole point is to do a reading a week so that I can practice using my intuition with tarot reading.  This new method, and my using intuitive reading rather than memorized book readings, really worked out for me - she said I never gave her a more accurate reading before.  How on-cue I was actually gave me goosebumps, but also gave me a little more confidence.  I did a reading for myself, using a new spread, but it didn't make as much sense to me as the one I did for my sister.  I'll wait out the week and review the cards and my original interpretation before I jump to any conclusions.  I generally don't read a book or do any in-depth research on the days that I do tarot (which I try to reserve Monday for).

I received my copy of the Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak yesterday.  I honestly wasn't expecting it so soon - my account at Half Price Books online said that the books I ordered could take up until the 20th for delivery.  They were all ordered from different places, so I didn't think they would come together, and I was right.  I wanted to start reading it yesterday, but got distracted by the Sims 3.  I started it today - for one hour, which doesn't seem like enough.  The way Penczak writes always leaves me wanting to know more, and never feeling bored; he has done thorough research (you can tell by the way he presents his opinions and facts, and always offers suggestions on further reading material or reference material that he used).  My only regret is that I couldn't have gotten all of his books in one go - his books were written in a specific order to guide new and old practitioners through techniques and lessons in a year and a day format in order to get to know themselves, their path, and spirituality better, and the Shamanic book was meant to be the third in the series.  For some reason, I felt really called to it... and though he did say it was a stand-alone book, he also warns that it builds on some techniques and lessons used in the first two books (The Inner Temple of Witchcaft, and the Outer Temple of Witchcraft).  I'll try to make do, but I really wish I had those previous two books.  I wish I could have studied them in the order they were meant to be studied.

I do plan on making videos for each lesson, which I plan to start at each new moon - I've already got the channel set up under A Year and a Day playlist.  You can watch my videos on youtube.  I plan on writing a separate blog post for those lessons as well, since I never seem to be able to get all of what I want to say in a single youtube video.